I’m joining up with a linky party! Grade 3 is the Place for Me is hosting a linky party for new bloggers! All you have to do when you link up is to answer the following questions:
1. what state you are in
2. your current teaching position
3. your teaching experience
4. when you started blogging
5. share a blogging tip / blogging resource
Here are my answers:
2. 5th and 6th Grade Reading
3. This will be my fourth year of teaching
4. I started blogging December 29th 2011
5. A picture is worth a thousand words! If you can add pictures to your post, do it.
Look what I did!
I spray painted a white trash can black. Then took the zebra duck tape and wrapped it around the trash can. Then I took a pink ribbon a attached it to the duck tape! Now I have a cute zebra trash can for my themed classroom. Love it!
I spent most of my week at TETA, which is a technology conference in Tennessee. I learned so much and enjoyed myself at the same time. We had an amazing speaker Kevin Honeycutt. He really made you want to get out there and do good for our students. One of the sessions I attended was 60 websites in 60 for educators. Here are some of the websites I think my fellow bloggers would love:
I hope you find something you find helpful! I’ll be posting about free software tomorrow.
I am writing from the TETA Conference (Tennessee Educational Technology Association). We start our classes in the morning. I am looking forward to bring a bunch of great activities and website for all of you. This is my second stop on my week of in-services. I just finished a computer workshop at Vanderbilt. They taught us how to take your computer apart to add drives and memory. Which was very neat, as well as they shared some awesome resources. I thought the kids would like the following sites:
The giveaway for the amazing “Playful Learning” e-course has ended and I have a winner! Congratulations to Kelly B! You will be receiving an e-mail from the author of “Playful Learning”.
a Rafflecopter giveaway
I’ll be back tomorrow with what I have learned at TETA!
I was so excited to see that I hit 100 followers. I love to see people are finding my blog useful! Thank you so very much for reading my posts. So I went today to get my groceries at Wal-Mart and of course I had to stop by the school supplies. While looking at the rows of school supplies I found teacher supplies! All of the supplies were .88 cents.
A 60 pack of erasers with smiley faces, stars, apples, and A+ shapes
Light-weight dry erase boards
Packs of 30 sentence strips (Just like the dollar store but .12 cents less)
Really cute file folders. They had three different design sets. (Not really a good price, but they are so cute!)
Fabulously First is collecting little tid-bits of teacher wisdom to share with new teachers. There is so much I did not learn in my college classes about teaching. So this is a great linky for teachers to share all the information colleges should look into sharing. Here is my wisdom!
I am looking forward to reading all the tips teachers have! I’m always learning new things about my profession. Also, if you have not entered my giveaway be sure to click here
For International Blog Day I am joining Mrs. Parker’s linky party showing our classroom. One of my favorite things to do online is look at pictures and videos of teacher’s classrooms. I do not think there is a You Tube video of a classroom tour I have not seen. So here are pictures of my classroom this past year. I will be changing a lot since I have a new theme and more students. I will plan to have them posted by the fourth week of July (That’s my goal). Here we go….
This is the view as you enter the room. My students are in groups all year, until TCAPS.
This is our class library. I made those crate seats and the students love them. Since I teach 5th and 6th grade I had to go back and reinforce the seats.
Here are our class computers, leveled readers, and our word wall. I painted the entire back wall with chalk board paint. It works great and erases great.
This is were I meet with my small groups!
This is the view from the back window!
Now I’m going to head back over to Mrs. Parker’s site and blog hop! Hope you join us. Also be sure and go enter my giveaway by clicking here
I’m joining Ms. M’s Blog for a linky to see four things teachers are going to try new in their classroom for the upcoming school year. I always love seeing what other teachers are doing or plan to do.
Here are the 4 things I will try out for the first time this year.
1. I am not going to give spelling tests or spelling lists. I am going to teach spelling within our reading and writing lessons. I am excited about this because I have heard so many times from parents and students we didn’t read/study because we were studying for the spelling test. Then after the test students still could not spell the words.
2. I am changing my theme to zebra, pink, and lime green. I’ve been creating, searching, and painting little my heart out.
3. My teammates are changing again, as well as losing the other reading teacher in 5th and 6th grade. Which means I will have 30 students in each class and I’m the inclusion teacher. An inclusion teacher teaches everyone IEP, 504, gifted, and regular ed all in one room.
4. I am the cheer coach for the JV and Varsity squad. This will be a big change in my school and personal life. I’ve already spent a lot of my summer with tryouts, camp, practices, and fundraisers. I can only imagine how the school year will be.
Now it is your turn. Share 4 things your going to try for the first time in your class this coming school year.
You don’t have to be a teacher to participate either. Don’t have a class? What are 4 new things your going to try in life?
Share 4 things your going to try for the first time and be sure to link up at Ms. M’s Blog