Updated: January 16, 2018
Parent/Teacher Communication sites:
- Remind– Remind provides a safe way for teachers to text message students and stay in touch with parents for free.
- Class Dojo– A classroom tool that helps teachers improve behavior in their classrooms quickly and easily. It also captures and generates data on behavior that teachers can share with parents and administrators.
- Online Timers– A simple, fast flash online stopwatch and online countdown timers.
- Grade Cam: Turns your smartphone, tablet, webcam or document camera into a lean, mean grading machine.
- Plicker: a powerfully simple tool that lets teachers collect real-time formative assessment data without the need for student devices
- Kahoot: is a game-based classroom response system and educational platform
- Tricider: Collect ideas, discuss and vote. That’s how tricider works. Your team will make decisions faster without meetings or calls.
Emaze: free presentation templates to quickly create an incredible visual experience for your audience. Emaze features a proprietary state of the art HTML5 presentation maker that will create the slideshows,
- Pro-teacher (Lots of free task cards on many different skills for ELA and Math)
- Tube Chop – Allows you to clip and share cropped YouTube videos
- View Pure – Watch YouTube videos without comments, suggestions, or ‘other’ things.
- KeepVid– Allows you to download YouTube videos
- Cramberry– helps you study with online flashcards.Make cards on Cramberry, or choose from our catalog of free public flash cards. While you study, it analyzes your progress and focuses on cards you need to study.
- Funnelbrain –Build study teams, share scores, and challenge friends with a variety of quizzes and games!
- TodaysMeet– TodaysMeet gives you an isolated online room where you can see only what you need to see, and your audience doesn’t need to learn any new tools like hash tags to keep everything together.
- Poll Everywhere– engage your audience or class anywhere in real time
Free Teacher PD
Free Ipad/iPhone Apps
- Screen Chomp Just – Record It. Sketch It. Share It. – to create a sharable, replay-able video that tells your story clearly.
- Splash Top– Control, Annotate, then Share a teacher’s PC/Mac with a students iPad or Chromebook, or PC/MAC running a Chrome browser.
Paid Subscription Sites I love