I am still working hard on creating resources for my tier 1 students during their spotlight time. Spotlight time is when we provide intervention and enrichment for all students. Today I have for you a vocabulary cube, matching cards, and a vocabulary list with definitions for text features.
- Cut out all of the pieces of the vocabulary cube. I like to color-code my sets. Every text feature is yellow, parts of speech are pink, and so on.
- Then laminate each piece and store it in a sandwich bag or small container.
- Either in teams, duos, or solo lay out all of your pieces on your table.
- Next match the pieces together, make sure the definition and examples match on all the sides with words.
- The first team, duo, or student to finish correctly wins!
You can download the set here. I am working to create a new page on my blog with all of the RTI2 materials I’ve created and will be creating. The page will be up in a few weeks!