I Have…Who Has is an easy-to-play game that is a great way to practice essential language concepts with the whole class. As students match up the answers on their cards with questions on other students’ cards, they get valuable practice with vocabulary and listening skills. The game requires students to focus and listen carefully to decide whether the definition matches one of their words.
- Randomly distribute the cards among students.
- Everyone gets a least one card, but many students will have more than one.
- The student with the start card will go first.
- The student will say “I have the start card “Who has” definition for ______”.
- The person who has the word being defined calls out “I have” followed by the word.
- That person then reads the “Who has” definition on their card.
- The game continues until all the definitions have been read.
- I Have…Who Has Most Common Prefixes
- I Have…Who Has Most Common Suffixes
- I Have…Who Has Most Common Roots