I was introduced to a new free educational website. Smithsonian Tween Tribune is a K-12 site with news articles. The reasons I love this site are:
- You can change the Lexile level of articles.
- You can assign quizzes based on the articles.
- You can search for articles by Lexile level.
- Lexile levels range from 500-1600.
- Students can be added to your class to allow the students to comment on articles. (Great for having a class discussion, which can be only seen by your class or made public by the teacher)
- They have certificates for students success on quizzes,
- The articles are chosen by professional journalists.
- They have articles in Spanish.
Now that you know why I love this site check it out for yourself by clicking here.