It’s that time of year when we start thinking about reviewing for our yearly testing. Instead of mind-numbing practice tests, I have been working on activities to review when the snow finally melts, and we go back. Subject-verb agreement is a skill students need lots of review.
I’ve created 30 sentence strips that have a sentence with either correct or incorrect subject-verb agreement.
Correct or Incorrect Activity:
- Review subject-verb agreement and review a few examples
- Make a t-chart on the board with a correct and incorrect section.
- Give each student, at least, one sentence strip.
- Give students two minutes to attach their sentence to the correct part of the t-chart.
- Discuss the sentences in the correct section of the t-chart.
- Split the class into groups.
- Then give the groups about five minutes to correct the incorrect sentences.
- Then ask groups to share how and why they fixed the sentence.