I have….Who has?
One quick way to include daily practice and motivate students to master basic facts is through the use of the I have… Who Has? card decks. These decks can be created for virtually any topic. The decks can be used as both a whole class practice or as a center activity for partners or small groups.
There are several strategies to use when implementing this activity:
- Distributing Cards: Distribute one card to each student, then distribute the extras to strong students in the beginning and to random students as the class becomes more familiar with the deck.
- Class Play: As you distribute the cards, encourage students to begin thinking about what the question for their card might be so that they are prepared to answer. When all cards are distributed, have the student with the start card begin. Play until the congratulations card is reached.
- Timed Play: Consider using a stopwatch to time the class game. Record the time on the board so that students try each game to beat their current best time. This practice encourages students to stay attentive and prompts students to practice skills so that the class time improves.
- Partner or Small-Group Play:
- One student deals out the cards to all players.
- Players arrange the cards face-up in front of them.
- Play begins with the start card.
- Play continues as in the class game. .
- Students turn over the cards after reading them. (to help them keep up with their cards)
- Play until the end card.
- Shuffle the cards and repeat the game.
To get everyone started or to add to your collections here are some freebies:
Wonderful blog! I found it while searching on Yahoo News. Do you have any tips on how to get listed in Yahoo News? I’ve been trying for a while but I never sbobet seem to get there! Many thanks.
Sbo, Thank you for visiting. I am hope you found new ideas and items that you can use. Please let me know if there is anything else I can help you with. I got my blog out there by joining Blogaholic Social Network and Edublog directory. I hope this helps.
My class loves I Have Who Has cards. So fun.Yearn to Learn Blog
Good website! I really love บาคาร่า how it is easy on my eyes and the data are well written. I’m wondering how I could be notified when a new post has been made. I have subscribed to your RSS which must do the trick! Have a great day!
Hi Meagan, I found your blog today and enjoyed my visit. I am also a new follower of your blog, pinterest and facebook. Drop by my blog if you get a chance and thank you for the Freebies!!!Deb at Fabulously First